The Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center (GTCTC) in conjunction with the Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau (TRCVB), offer services to assist with your event planning. Following is a list of those services. If you have something in mind that is not listed, ask your Event Coordinator and they will make every effort to find the right resource for you to pursue your vision.
- Event Promotion & Attendance Building
Special Offers for Attendees
- Vendor Referrals
- Visitor Guide
- Planning Assistance
- Convention Support
- Housing Assistance
- Official Welcome Letters & Proclamations
- Vendor Referrals
"The GTCTC is the ideal location for Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center’s annual fundraiser. Their staff and management are our partners in making this magical week run smoothly and efficiently, as they anticipate our needs and care about our purpose." Mary Bridge Children's Foundation - Festival of Trees -Amy Bettesworth, Event Manager
- Link your event website to ours, gtctc.org and www.traveltacoma.com, to provide useful information for your attendees.
- For placement in your event program, registration packets, and other promotions such as use in social media, photos of the Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center along with our logo in various formats are available from the GTCTC's Marketing Department.
- The Tacoma Regional Visitor's Guide, area photos and video's are available from the Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau to help you with your meeting or conference promotion.
- Public relations materials and personalized media assistance are available from the GTCTC's Marketing Department.
- Let your event attendees know that they can find special offers from local businesses on the "Deals" page on the Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau's website.
- Tacoma has three nationally recognized museums within walking distance of the GTCTC, the Museum of Glass, the Washington State History Museum and the Tacoma Art Museum. Every Wednesday you can take advantage of the "Mid-Week @ the Museums" special by purchasing a pass to all three at any of the three locations and save.
- For area vendors from decorators and transportation companies to caterers, photographers and florists please contact your Event Coordinator, call 253.830.6601 or email us for referrals.
- Tacoma's official Visitor Guide is available for use in registration bags or as a hand-out (a minimal charge applies for quantities in excess of the complimentary amount).
- GTCTC staff members are happy to provide regional ideas for your offsite event planning; transportation company contacts, spouse/youth/children's activity ideas, pre and post convention activities, regional tours, entertainment, concerts, sporting events and more.
- We can assist in arranging a city-wide concierge to provide live local tourism and dining information. Please allow one months advance notice and understand that this service is based upon volunteer staff availability.
- As a standard service we will provide a display at your convention venue to accommodate regional brochures and information to your attendees.
- The GTCTC has an information/registration desk on the 3rd floor lobby. To inquire about availability of the desk for your event, please consult with your Sales Manager.
- The Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau administers an online housing bureau to help secure your event housing needs. In addition to general housing needs, the housing bureau offers real time online hotel reservations offering planners access to housing reports, block pickups and more. See the TRCVB's conference & events services page on their website for more information.
- The GTCTC is your liaison to the hotels in our region. We will work together toward a seamless transition for multiple facility events.
- The Tacoma Regional Convention & Visitor Bureau can arrange for welcome letters from city and county officials for groups of 500 delegates or larger. City and county proclamations can be obtained to recognize the contributions of your organization to the community. Please contact the TRCVB and allow four weeks for processing.